People that smoke know that it’s bad for their health, but they do it anyway. It’s one of those habits that are very difficult to break. There are people that have been smoking for years and are still going at it to this day.
If the smokers really want to quit, there are many ways that they can do that. In fact, this article discusses five ways to quit smoking. Smoking is a bad habit that can ultimately lead to health issues such as emphysema and cancer. So, if you start now trying to quit, you will make a big impact on your life.
Here are five ways to quit smoking:
• Meditate – Mediation allows you to control your mind. It is easy to do and it can help to relieve your mind of things that you should not be thinking about. You can sit in a room where it is quiet with your eyes closed. Or you can play some soft, soothing music. Mediation allows you to focus on the things that you should be paying attention to. Your mind is relieved of all of the forces that cause you to take action and smoke.
• Breathing – This is another one of the five ways to quit smoking. Use breathing exercises to control your nicotine cravings. Since you inhale a lot of toxic substances when you smoke, you can implement these exercises to exhale them out of your system. This can be done on a regular basis.
• Drink Water – Take small sips of water every few minutes. It can help to get rid of the craving to smoke. Drinking water also helps to get rid of the nicotine that is already stored in your system.
• Nicotine Patch – This is the fourth of the five ways to quit smoking. The nicotine patch works to reduce the potency of nicotine withdrawal. The longer you wear it, the less chance you have of wanting to get your smoking habit back. The nicotine patch is usually worn on your arm.
• Nicotine Gum – Nicotine gum works like the nicotine patch, except you chew the gum for a certain amount of time. This gum also works to reduce nicotine withdrawal.
These five ways to quit smoking can be very effective, provided that you use one or more of them on a regular basis. Just like you make a habit to smoke cigarettes, you can make it a habit to stop smoking.
About the Author David Hearns
It can do wonders for your health and quality of life. Visit http://www.quit-smoking-strategies.com to learn more Ways to Quit Smoking.